Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-26-09 10:38AM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

5-24-09 Solomons Island

Mo and I launched at 7:00AM in search of the first Solomons Island white perch of '09. The wind was not our friend. It was too choppy to fish some of our favorite spots like "Mo's Cove." We continued upstream in St. Helen's Creek with marginal success. Mo got the skunk out of the boat with a twelve inch rockfish. I caught a small white perch. The tide was approaching dead low. We found a peir that had a few more medium to small white perch. Mo caught a fourteen inch rockfish. It was noon and the wind was blowing up the river, so we had a bit of chop going back to the ramp. The final tally was fifteen perch and two rockfish. We are probably rushing the season by a week or two. I consulted my former student, and now guru, Ernie. He immediately corresponded with his local sources who verified our thinking.

#2 May-26-09 10:53AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 5-24-09 Solomons Island

Carl- great to see that you and Mo got out and I am glad you caught some.

Our next target is the Tread Avon River for big white perch. Sherm will let us know when it's time!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 May-27-09 12:26PM

doberdog1

It was so exciting catching our first white perch, I believe I was shaking.  I want my 13 inch white perch this year.  I think when we got to solomons I saw a small tear in Carl's eye.

I can be happy catching white perch!

Mo

#4 May-29-09 5:31PM

Ernie
Administrator

Here are some great shots of Carl and Mo's 1st white perch trip of the year!!

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/1-6.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/2-7.jpg

Time to fix the date on the camera!!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer