Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-12-23 7:27PM

Oubassman
Northern Snakehead

Friday afternoon smallies

After a little whirlwind of Thanksgiving prep, family visit and regular work stuff I need d a mental health day on the river and hopefully a few smallies in the kayak.  I was only going to have time for a single access outing so I was going to be sticking close to home. A fishing buddy from work texted me Thursday evening to see if I was fishing on Friday so he ended up joining me. He was already launched when I got there. So after a few minutes of unloading the kayak and gear we paddled upstream to the first winner hole. It's a pretty big one that I thought we could get a few fish out of. Turns out we got a few more and then some. In 30 minutes he had three fish in the kayak including this really nice. 17. In chunk. All were on a tube
https://images2.imgbox.com/a7/c5/7dtXmVwy_o.jpg

After his three fish were in the kayak I got on the board with 2 smallies in the kayak in about 20 minutes.  They went 14-16" and all caught on this new plastic lure on a stand up jighead   I was letting it drift along and fish were picking it up, with all 3 hooked in top of mouth.
https://images2.imgbox.com/fb/88/S1l5J8S2_o.jpg

After about an hour and six fish fish total we paddled up a little farther but water wasn't right for this time of year so we turned around to head back.  We were almost back through the big hole we started in and I got my 3rd fish, a 17" that was more skinny than fat.

https://images2.imgbox.com/13/5f/DC85xtee_o.jpg

It was a great 3 hours on the river and much needed.

#2 Dec-13-23 8:32AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Friday afternoon smallies

So good to see some cold water bass!  I have been itching, but don't have a boat to getr to the better spots.  I will get canoe out, even if it is for greenies before year end.  Congrats on the beautiful smallies!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Dec-13-23 8:51AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Nice looking bait & good job getting out

#4 Dec-13-23 11:58AM

Oubassman
Northern Snakehead

That lure is going to have a variety of uses. Obviously on the stand up jig head sitting on bottom but has a lot of action in the back half of the body so it could be a nice finesse type swimbait, spinnerbait trailer, or a chatterbait trailer,. If this were a little active over the winter I can definitely see just reeling it real slow along the bottom

#5 Dec-13-23 12:49PM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Great report and pics!

tight lines

#6 Dec-13-23 12:57PM

Ernie
Administrator

Good work fellas!

Time to go fishin' again!