Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-26-23 2:55PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Canoe Excusrion 10/26/23

I bought a 50Ah Lithium battery (on sale $105) with part of the proceeds from selling my boat so I can use it on the canoe.  It is 11.2 pounds less than 7"x 8".  It is perfect for the canoe, because I usually use it in smaller lakes.  The water was super low (1 foot at POR) and super clear.  I got everything together and realized I forgot my tackle bag.  I figured I was ok with 4 rods with different lures.  Set to go with no resting on my neck/shoulders as my neck arthritis is progressing.  Worked out well.  Just have to take my time.  Set to go.

https://i.imgur.com/0n3PlDP.jpg

Fishing was super tough.  Lots of dying grass on the bottom covered with muck and floating grass and leaves.  There was less floating grass on the MD side once I got there. I went quite a ways up before starting to float back. 

https://i.imgur.com/xx0WQzJ.jpg

Finally got a bite on a tiny chatterbait.  It was 12" but really got the bait good.  The soft plastic fluke trailer I had kept sliding down after that.  I tried the big TRD, but nada and then I tried a twin tailed grub in some deeper sections and caught a dink.  A little later, I caught a 12.5"er that was a little chunkier.

I floated and ate my PB&J sandwich.  Grass became an issue again and I decided to call it after getting down near the ramp.  It was getting nice and warm.  I loaded back up with no issues and was home before 1pm.  Nice day to be out, but fishing conditions were tough.  It will be a while before all that grass (and leaves) is not a factor.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#2 Oct-27-23 5:31AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Canoe Excusrion 10/26/23

Nice report and pics. I've always found fishing to be super tough on these unseasonably warm days in the Fall. I'm going out tomorrow and have very low expectations.

tight lines

#3 Oct-27-23 6:03AM

Ernie
Administrator

The river is LOOOOOW!

Glad you got out and got a couple.

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Oct-27-23 2:47PM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish