Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-21-23 11:48AM

Oubassman
Northern Snakehead

Thursday smallies

Took Thursday off and met up with Leon to fish a new stretch of river for him and one that I did twice earlier this year.  Last time was July and with really low water wasn't the best.  Wanted to see if fall would be a little different with fish feeding up and probably hanging in and around winter areas.

Met Leon at 9:30, loaded up yaks and gear into my vehicle and went up to o the start.  We paddled through the first low water stretch and then both of us landed our first fish above a few deeper holes.  Before we started I showed him how I rig tubes and first one hit that and went about 12 inches.  Believe Leon got his on a fluke. 

The rest of the float was paddling through the really shallow stretches and working over the deeper areas that may or may not turn out to be winter areas.  I ended picking up 7 more on the trusted green swimbait, with the biggest going 14".  All of mine were in feeding areas of shallower and faster water.  I believe Leon had a more on but didn't land. 

I saw a couple of 17" or so.smallies swimming around and a bunch of carp and catfish schooling.up.   it was a beautiful day out and a good time on the water.

#2 Oct-21-23 12:39PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Thursday smallies

You guys had a beautiful day to fish...nice job!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Oct-21-23 5:39PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Thursday smallies

Nice day to be out.  Plus you caught smallies!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

Board footer