Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb-24-09 1:36PM

Paul Naj
Northern Snakehead

Not happy with you guys

How come no one ever told me about Carolina Brothers BBQ? wink

Drove by this afternoon and stopped in on a whim. I haven't had ribs that good since Mongomery Ribs in Cincinnati. I brought them home but the place is really cool as well. I can defintely see it as an after fishing stop. If you don't know about it yet, it's right on Ashburn Rd next to the W&OD Trail.

Paul

#2 Feb-24-09 2:50PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Not happy with you guys

It is amazing!!!!!!!

#3 Feb-24-09 4:08PM

Paul Naj
Northern Snakehead

Remember I'm a Jersey guy Curly. All I had there today was the ribs and they were fall off the bone tender and very tasty. I do travel a lot and have gotten many recommendations for BBQ and ribs that turned out very disappointing. My latest disappontment was in Memphis when I went to "the place" for dry rub ribs and they were awful.

So maybe not the real deal like in NC for someone like you but WAY better than anything I've had anwhere between Maine and Virginia. Oh BTW, I'm looking forward to sampling a jar of that sauce when you brew one up this summer. wink

#4 Feb-24-09 7:35PM

Ernie
Administrator

Curly's stuff is really good but he doesn't have a restaurant.

For this area, Carolina BBQ is a 7 or 8 for sure.

Bubba's in Merrifield is about a 6.5. I am a Pierce's Pitt (spelled right) BBQ fan, mix between Carolina and Memphis but they are in Williamsburg.

There is a place in SoMD, T & J, that makes GREAT ribs. They burned down 18 months ago but are rebuilding. I stop there on the way back from fishing....great place....no seats, just a window and some picnic tables under the trees.

When in Phoenix, stop at Honey Bears (2824 N Central Av, near airport). Outstanding!

I look for BBQ places everywhere I go but South Florida....then I look for good Cuban food!

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Feb-25-09 4:55AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Willards off Rt. 28 and Willard Rd. (Chantilly) is great...check it out.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#6 Feb-25-09 5:55AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

not cooool, drooling at work at 9am.

Board footer