Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-26-08 1:01PM

Ernie
Administrator

Rebel Lures come through.....

Back on November 14, I was fishing with Kent Williams in the Washington Channel. We had a great day.

Right after I landed one of the fish, I noticed that the lure had separated.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/IMGP1188.jpg

In all my years of fishing Rebel Jointed Spoonbills, I had never seen this happen. So....I decided to send the lure back to the manufacturer along with a note of explanation and a $5 check to cover postage.

A few weeks later, I received my check back but no note. Odd.....but maybe they were going to send me a replacement lure. Well, that is exactly what they did except they and then some....they send me two brand new lures!!

I call that great service!!

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Dec-26-08 1:30PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Rebel Lures come through.....

that is really cool . . I remember seeing the lure in your truck.  Did you go out fishing today?  I saw your boat being pulled out of storage when I was pulling my dads boat out of the water.

#3 Dec-26-08 1:33PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Oh and your website looks great through an itouch!  Haha

#4 Dec-26-08 5:21PM

Ernie
Administrator

Where did you see my boat? I have it at Lot A at Algonkian. It has a new blue cover. I did not fish today.

#5 Dec-27-08 6:21AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Pacemaker wrote:

Where did you see my boat? I have it at Lot A at Algonkian. It has a new blue cover. I did not fish today.

Hmmmm..it was from a distance but it was lot a with a gray four door truck and big boat with blue boat cover like the one I helped put on.  My dad thought it was your boat from picures he saw.  That's weird but I could have sworn it was you but I guess not.  Now I feel like an idiot.haha

#6 Dec-27-08 7:37AM

Ernie
Administrator

I hope someone wasn't taking my boat out for a ride!

#7 Dec-28-08 7:52AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Sounds like you can make a little money here...buy one, break it, return it, get two....repeat as necessary!

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#8 Dec-28-08 12:30PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Thought that I would let you know that I went to the Potomac river today and I saw your boat in it's spot with the cover on.

#9 Dec-28-08 1:58PM

Ernie
Administrator

redskinsfan360 wrote:

Thought that I would let you know that I went to the Potomac river today and I saw your boat in its spot with the cover on.

Thanks....

#10 Dec-28-08 3:30PM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Pacemaker wrote:

redskinsfan360 wrote:

Thought that I would let you know that I went to the Potomac river today and I saw your boat in its spot with the cover on.

Thanks....

Ernie...the boat ran great!! I even filled the gas tank up for ya..smile   Just kidding.

Can people just hitch onto and take your boat? Doesn't it require a key and aren't boats locked down? I don't anything about how boats are stored so I was just curious..

#11 Dec-28-08 4:55PM

Ernie
Administrator

The boat is in a secure (locked) lot. The hitch also has a lock on it and one would need a key to start it. However, bad guys can cut locks and figure out how to get them started.

I have kept my boats there for almost 25 years. It started with a 12 foot rowboat with a Sears 4 HP engine, then a 14' Fisher Jon boat with a '69 10 HP engine. Then I moved to the big time when I bought Carl's 16' Sea Nymph with a 15 HP motor....GREAT boat. After smallie fishing started to slide, I then bought a 19' Center Console with a 115 Suzuki. This is the boat that almost sank down at the CBBT were it not for Curly's bailing abilities. Once that boat was sold off in parts, I bought the Hydra Sports 212 with a 150 Johnson which I plan to keep for a while.

In that time, there were two break ins to the lot and I lost some things but Algonkian Regional Park took care of replacing everything that was not covered by insurance (including  the deductible).

#12 Dec-29-08 7:36AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Now I really feel dumb.  It might have just been another boat, but it was big with a blue cover. haha

Board footer