Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan-07-14 5:09PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Two Reels, a rod, and a Lowrance Map Chip

I posted this on snaggedline with pictures if anyone is interested in these items - http://www.snaggedline.com/showthread.p … ore-things

I know I could wait for the flea market, but I am planning to pick up a release reel for a trip later this month (if work doesn't screw me over) so I am building up some funds.

1.) Upgraded Shimano Torium 16 with new 300yds 50lb Depth Hunter Line- the outside has some boat rash on it but don't let that fool you. This reel was recently serviced (cleaned/greased/lubed) and I made a few upgrades to it. The first upgrade is I replaced the drag washers with greased carbontex washers. The second is that I upgraded the anti reverse by adding a spring loaded dog like the more expensive Shimano Trinidad. The Toriums rely on a one way bearing which can give out under heavy loads. I didn't want that to happen, so I added the dog following Alan Tani's instructions. Now the reel still has instant anti-reverse, but should that bearing ever slip, there is a mechanical dog like in more expensive reels that will ratchet in and protect your knuckles and your fish!

I thought I could get used to right hand retrieve, I can't. $115

2) Abu Garcia C3 5501 in like new condition - this is the newer generation Abu with 6 adjustable breaks. It's a great reel to learn how to cast a baitcaster with and it is a solid reliable reel for just about everything. I have switched to low profile reels so this one just sits. - $65

3) Star Stellar Lite 7ft Heavy Casting Rod Line: 15-30 Lure: 3/8-3oz Model - PG1530ISM in brand new condition. I took the plastic off, took it catfish fishing once and put it back on the shelf. It's an excellent rod and very lightweight for its strength, but it is very similar to the tog rod I already have. I was going to give it to my friend in MA to use for slinging large plastics, but he had an overboard rod made... $75

4) Lowrance Lake Insight Pro 2013 - brand new in package and retails for $100, yours for $65. Here's the description - Lake Insight PRO 2013650 U.S. lakes with high-resolution 1- to 3- depth contours. Plus, compatibility with Elite and Mark 4- and 5- series.One card for HDS, HDS Gen2, Elite and Mark 4- and 5- series with superb contect, detail and coverage of continental U.S. inland waters, without shaded relief overlay - all at a more affordable price.Fishing Hot SpotsŪ: detail for over 500 popular lakes featuring marked fishing areas, helpful fishery and facilities information, and more.High-resolution 1-to 3-foot depth contours on more than 650 lakes in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin - plus Lake of the Woods and Rainy Lake.Detailed contour lines and high-resolution coverage of more than 5,000 U.S. Lakes, plus rivers and Great lakes. More than 100,000 named bodies of water with shoreline detail.Coverage Info:Lake Insight PRO 2012 coverage map - includes coast to coast US lakes, plus 650 lakes with high-res 1-3 foot contours in light blue shaded areaFeatures:High-resolution 1- to 3-foot depth contours Fishing Hot Spots Loads of free space to save sonar & navigation data Expansive coverage of lakes across the continental U.S.Expert fishing tips, built-inSpace to savePremium coverage at an affordable price.

Board footer