Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-15-12 4:30AM

Charlie M
Website

Winter/Spring fishing shows

I am attempting to get a bit organized for the winter and what fishing shows that I might bring Choopy to. I was curious what shows you guys have down in the VA/MD area and what your thoughts about them were. Did they have a good mix of products? Seminars? Would you ever go back to them? Not worth the price of admission? etc.

Some of these can get really expensive, especially when you are traveling. So I need to be pretty strategic about it. Thanks for any insight and help you can provide!

Charlie

#2 Sep-15-12 3:07PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Winter/Spring fishing shows

I like going to local fishing shows in the winter. There are quite a few down this way, salt and fresh. However, they are not as attended as they were in the past in my opinion.
Here are the links of what I put together each winter so that we have something to do when it’s cold and dreary outside.

2012- http://www.pacemakerfishing.com/forum/v … hp?id=4333

2011- http://www.pacemakerfishing.com/forum/v … hp?id=3452

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Sep-16-12 6:19AM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

I do not know if our flea market would be worth the time for Choopy but I wanted to let you all the flea market that Maryland Kayak Fishing started last year to benefit Heroes on the water will be happening again this year.

#4 Nov-20-12 5:54AM

Charlie M
Website

Redfish12 wrote:

I do not know if our flea market would be worth the time for Choopy but I wanted to let you all the flea market that Maryland Kayak Fishing started last year to benefit Heroes on the water will be happening again this year.

Sorry for the long delay in responding to this thread.

Redfish12. I LOVE the idea and purpose of your clubs flea market. I usually do a flea market in NJ on the first Sunday of March, but the location of it is where Sandy did some of the worst damage. I assume it is still on the schedule, but I am not really sure. I am going to try and work something out so I can possibly do both.

I will look at the links that Ernie posted and see what fits into the schedule. If you guys have any other suggestions, please let me know. I am really hoping to make it down your way. smile

#5 Nov-20-12 6:16PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Thanks for the reply Charlie! We'd love to have you if at all possible. Great cause and perfect timing for us to buy some plugs for the flats!

#6 Nov-21-12 5:20AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

I would suggest two shows / flea markets Tri State with topwater striper lures and Monaghan Township Fishing Flea market with both striper and muskie lures.

Every year there is also two bass fishing flea markets.. Make that three.. Dale City, Horizon, and the one up past Scaggsville md..Gamber Fire Hall in Sykesville

Any way the flea market is the best value around..

Capt Mike

Last edited by captmikestarrett (Nov-21-12 5:28AM)

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#7 Nov-24-12 5:24AM

Charlie M
Website

Thanks Capt. Mike! I am going to look into those.

#8 Nov-30-12 5:00AM

Charlie M
Website

captmikestarrett wrote:

I would suggest two shows / flea markets Tri State with topwater striper lures and Monaghan Township Fishing Flea market with both striper and muskie lures.

Every year there is also two bass fishing flea markets.. Make that three.. Dale City, Horizon, and the one up past Scaggsville md..Gamber Fire Hall in Sykesville

Any way the flea market is the best value around..

Capt Mike

Capt Mike... Do you think people at these shows will find a 18-20 dollar lure acceptable, or will I get laughed out of the joint for being out of the acceptable price range?

Board footer