Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-22-08 8:19AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Goose Creek

I am planning on heading up to Goose Creek this evening if all goes well.  Is Riverpoint Drive / Kephart Bridge Landing where you all put in at Goose Creek?

#2 Jun-22-08 6:57PM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Re: Goose Creek

Has anyone fished the portion of goose creek on the leesburg golf course side? If so, how was your experience with that section?

#3 Jun-23-08 6:46AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

You cannot fish those banks because it is private property.  You can put in their but then you have to go downstream so I am told by people and signs.

#4 Jun-23-08 7:04AM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

I'm sorry...I meant can you fish the opposite bank from the golf course bank.

I heard there are smallmouth, catfish, pike, and carp there..

#5 Jun-23-08 7:46AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

I've been meaning to give this place a try and plan to head out there next weekend. What are the conditions like? can a kayak be put in? How's the current and terrain? should i be worried about my kayak hitting rocks? is it better to wade? Sorry for all the Q's and highjackng the thread =/

#6 Jun-23-08 9:36AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

AndrewDo124 wrote:

I've been meaning to give this place a try and plan to head out there next weekend. What are the conditions like? can a kayak be put in? How's the current and terrain? should i be worried about my kayak hitting rocks? is it better to wade? Sorry for all the Q's and highjackng the thread =/

If you put in at the parking lot across from the Golf Course parking lot, which is grave, you will have to go down a little bit of a hill with your boat.  It shouldn't be much of a problem with a kayak considering the fact that I carry my wooden boats down their.  Kayaks are great for it.  Their will be some rapids in the beginning but they are not very big at all.  Thats the only place that I would be worried about hitting rocks.  Their is a little bit of a current but it is manageable.  A little down the creek there will be a small dam that you will probably want to carry your boat over...not a very far carry.  I waded their once and its is only worth it if you have chest waders.  I would suggest taking your kayak because it is a lot more fun when you can go down the whole creek.  Good luck and make sure to post how you do!

#7 Jun-23-08 9:38AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Bass Hunter wrote:

Ya. you can you just got to cross that bridge and then you have the whole bank.  You can fish along that bank.  I have caught a couple little bass, blue gill, and some pretty good sized catfish.

#8 Jun-24-08 4:54AM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

redskinsfan360 wrote:

Bass Hunter wrote:

Ya. you can you just got to cross that bridge and then you have the whole bank.  You can fish along that bank.  I have caught a couple little bass, blue gill, and some pretty good sized catfish.

What's the largest catfish you ever caught there?

#9 Jun-24-08 6:32AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Bass Hunter wrote:

redskinsfan360 wrote:

Bass Hunter wrote:

What's the largest catfish you ever caught there?

I have caught one that was 23 1/2 inches.  They are really abundant from the 16 to 20 inch size.  My Dad, two brothers and I would take my Dads boat up the Potomac and then enter at the mouth and we would float to the first set of rapids nearest to the Potomac and in a couple hours we would all have a couple catfish, a couple bluegill, and a couple bass.

Board footer