Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-20-12 5:55AM

CrankbaitGuy

Bull Run 5/19, main Occoquan Reservoir 5/12

Walked and fished Bull Run from Hemlock Overlook on 5/19.  Not great, caught a spawned out 9" LMB on a texas rigged tube.  Water is a bit muddy and somewhat high. Some of the LMB I saw appear to be still half-assed guarding nests, others are starting to roam in schools.  Carp were jumping and I would guess preparing to spawn.

Week before I rented a boat out of Lake Ridge to do a sunfish bash with mealworms and my mostly unused crappie pole.  I only caught 19 fish in five hours, mostly very small.  Found one LMB still on a nest, but I kept hanging my lures in the trees above via bad casting, so nothing there. 

I did however catch a candidate for the world's meanest 8" pumpkinseed sunfish.  This was done with a texas rigged zoom 9" worm with 2/0 hook.  I brought the worm close to the boat, saw the sunfish and thought "that'll be funny, go for it."  And it did.  Really ornery looking fish, chunky, fins looking ragged but not from tail rot.  Probably from chasing citation size LMB, catfish and pike away from its' nest.  And here it is:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7095/7299394364_2987441a47.jpg

Last edited by CrankbaitGuy (May-29-12 8:28PM)

Board footer