Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-22-12 6:49AM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

Gobble Gobble 4/21

I decided I would give spring turkey hunting a shot this year. I got up early, sprayed myself down with deep woods off, grabbed the bow and headed to the woods.  I settled into a deadfall around first light and let the waiting game begin.  About 730 I decided to give a few clucks to see what would happen. Nothing... Had 4 does walk by me at about 15 yards (where were they during deer season) about 830, the fed and walked and moved on. I gave a few more clucks got a gobble from the thicket in front of me. Few more and another gobble and could see TWO toms moving towards me. Neither one was in full strut.  I sat quietly and let them keep on walking and gobbling. When they got to about 25 yards I decided I was going to take one but they had other plans.  As soon as I started to draw back they both saw me and flushed, flying off into the distance.  I called it a day at 11, went home and checked for ticks (found 1).

#2 Apr-23-12 6:00AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Gobble Gobble 4/21

You did better than me. I didn't hear a gobble and found a dozen or so ticks on me.

smile

Board footer