Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb-28-12 7:05AM

Ernie
Administrator

Mothership and Kayak Ferry Service

I know this Capt. well.....incredibly knowledgeable. This is very intriguing!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am initiating a service for kayakers that you might be aware of from the Maryland Kayak Fishing site. It is using my guideboat to transport kayaks into areas of Ches Bay that they cannot get to easily because of distance, lack of access or safety concerns. Basically, there is no waters that I cannot go, or get very close to and I could be taking kayaks, gear and anglers with me. Many of these places have no fishing pressure, you may not see another boat all day, except the guide-boat, standing off, ready to assist you if needed. I have been a fishing guide for 29years and I can put you onto fish quickly and reliably.

There are two types of services that I will provide: mothership and ferry.

Ferry Service : We rendezvous at a boat ramp or per-arranged location. I can have the guide-boat on a trailer or already in the water as in meeting at a dock or landing site,beach,etc. We load the yaks, anglers and gear into the guide-boat, and they are transported to a distant site and dropped off. At a time later in that same day, or another day if that is desirable, the guide-boat returns, to the same site (or another) and recovers the yaks,anglers and gear, and then transports them to their initial rendezvous point. There is a deposit required to book the service and the balance is due at the final drop-off point. The costs of this kind of service is going to be based upon the total round-trip mileage of the guide-boat. I'm starting off with a price of $1.25/statue mile per kayak. The guide-boat will carry up to three yaks and up to four passengers, and gear. I think a minimum of two kayaks is preferred, if only one I will have to adjust the price. Cash or check only, by reservation.

Mothership Service: The yaks, and gear are loaded onto the guide-boat in the parking lot of a selected boat ramp area. The guide-boat is launched and the anglers board, sitting in designated places to balance the load. The guide-boat then travels to certain fishing locations where the Capt assists the yaks to launch, load gear, and depart to fish. The mother ship stays in the immediate vicinity of the "ducklings" while they fish and services them as needed, including directing them into more productive places and reloading them as needed to move to other areas. When the angling is done and return trip must be, the mother ship loads yaks,gear,and anglers back into the guide-boat and returns to the home ramp. The guide-boat(with the yaks still on-board) is recovered on a boat trailer and driven to where the anglers cars are parked, where the yaks and gear are unloaded.
There is a deposit of $100 required to book the service and the balance is due at the final drop-off point. The costs of this kind of service is going to be based upon a flat daily rate. I'm starting off with a price of $375. The guide-boat will carry up to three yaks and up to four passengers,and gear. Cash or check only, by reservation.

The prices quoted here are promotional prices and are based upon boat fuel not getting too much over $4/gal. I can operate out of any boat ramp but mostly the Southern Maryland area/ Solomons Md. I am keenly familiar with Susquehanna Flats, the Ches Bay from the mouth of the Choptank down to Tangier Island, Fishing Bay, western side of Tangier Sound, Potomac, Patuxent Rivers, and in Va the Mattaponi, Pamunkey, Rappahannock, and James Rivers from their fall lines down. I'm willing to learn new areas.

I am taking reservations now.

Capt Brady Bounds
captbradybounds@gmail.com
(301)904-0471

A little more....

Availability to Mothership/Ferry

OK, before it gets too crazy, here is my general schedule of fishing and where I intend to be taking folks.

Now to late March, Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant out of Solomons Md,......

Late March thru May 3rd Susquehanna Flats out of Anchor Marine Northeast Md, .......

May-Oct Middle Ches Bay, including mid-bay islands , Pax & Potomac Rivers out of Solomons ,etc,.....

After Oct we are chasing fish and birds down the Bay out of Buzz's Marina St Jeromes Ck.......

Possibly CBBT into Dec.

My travels are not limited to this schedule, just my overall game plan.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Feb-28-12 9:01AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Mothership and Kayak Ferry Service

This looks real cool at an affordable price!

#3 Feb-28-12 3:53PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Re: Mothership and Kayak Ferry Service

John and I are looking to test him out in late May/June!

Board footer