Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-10-11 8:42AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Occupy DC Idiots

Went to a Capitals hockey game last night and walked by these idiots who have completely trashed that park on K Street.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb119/cokeempire/8-11%20ON/12-9-11a.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb119/cokeempire/8-11%20ON/12-9-11b.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb119/cokeempire/8-11%20ON/12-9-11c.jpg
They're clueless...............

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#2 Dec-10-11 11:34AM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Occupy DC Idiots

They came in to my store and wanted to make a huge order for hundreds of tents, cots, etc...

They wanted a discount larger than 10%...We advised them to try Goodwill if they were trying to save money. Why couldn't they buy their stuff at Goodwill? because Goodwill doesn't take AMEX...

#3 Dec-10-11 4:50PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

I thought that only the top 1% had AMEX! big_smile

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#4 Dec-11-11 8:17AM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Yeah, I laughed pretty hard when I heard about it!

#5 Dec-11-11 8:41AM

Ernie
Administrator

I was at the Press Club a few weeks back and some of these guys were protesting outside. I really don't know if they knew what they were protesting about. Some of them looked very sketchy...perhaps paid to march.

Time to go fishin' again!

#6 Dec-11-11 9:42AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

I'm going to join the Occupy Ashburn protest, but I think I'll wait till spring when the fishies wake up

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#7 Dec-13-11 7:27AM

kidnikarus
Northern Snakehead

These guys are complete idiots. My buddy owns a bar in brooklyn right over the bridge. When the marched over it a few weeks ago they all stopped in and paid for their drinks on Bank of Amrica credit cards. Seems a little strange to be protesting banks and then using mommy and daddy's plastic to get drunk.

Nick Mendis
Woodbridge, VA

#8 Dec-13-11 9:28AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

At least the Caps won. It was nice to finally see an effective power play again.

tight lines

#9 Dec-13-11 12:14PM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

I am all about someone's right to protest. But this occupy is BS. The trust fund babies complaining about how they are 100k in debt from school loans to pay for their art history masters with an accent in post revolutionary pre modernism yadda yadda yadda that didn't land them their dream job making a trillion dollars a year elch....  When you hear some moron on radio talking about how we all need to go back to kindergarten and take naps, down with corporate this that and the other while playing with their iphone, eating domino's pizza and eating ben and jerry's ice cream ... I really don't feel for those crazies.. I have no sympathy for those folks who don't have the drive and just want a handout. I do feel those people who work their asses off and got caught up in the economic down turn. But those folks are not the ones our there occupying. They are the ones still busting their humps to get by...

#10 Dec-13-11 12:49PM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

NOVAhunter wrote:

I am all about someone's right to protest. But this occupy is BS. The trust fund babies complaining about how they are 100k in debt from school loans to pay for their art history masters with an accent in post revolutionary pre modernism yadda yadda yadda that didn't land them their dream job making a trillion dollars a year elch....  When you hear some moron on radio talking about how we all need to go back to kindergarten and take naps, down with corporate this that and the other while playing with their iphone, eating domino's pizza and eating ben and jerry's ice cream ... I really don't feel for those crazies.. I have no sympathy for those folks who don't have the drive and just want a handout. I do feel those people who work their asses off and got caught up in the economic down turn. But those folks are not the ones our there occupying. They are the ones still busting their humps to get by...

Well said.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#11 Dec-13-11 6:02PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

personally, i am not well-informed concerning this matter/.

as such, i do not pass judgement on the situation.

anecdotal characterizations, be they first or second hand, seldom amount to a objective cross section of an issue.

i suspect this 'movement' probably voices some legitimate concerns about current affairs.

the manner- and individual conceit- of the participants is a separate conversation.

#12 Jan-31-12 11:11AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Abbie Hoffman's teaching all over again.

I've work down the street from both Freedom Park & McPhearson.  It's a shame how they disrepect the local business' and expect everyone to stand up for their cause.

#13 Feb-01-12 4:04AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

I'm all about your right to protest, but these folks don't seem to have a singular message and often repeat the same rantings a politician would during a campaign.  I wish people would come up with something original!  And, you have to wonder who the heck is funding this?  I initially thought the premise of it was good, but now it seems more like the door to door sales person is just camped out in the front of the house....but more creepy! hahaha

Board footer