Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-22-11 1:12PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

New paddler rack

Got this US rack for my second place finish in the TKAA tournament.  I am trying to figure out how to store rods underneath of it when traveling.  I have thought about making a box that could lock, or a way for them to just hang.  Any ideas would be great.  This is just to make it so that they do not get damaged when with stuff in back of truck.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm266/redskinsfan360/116.jpg

#2 Oct-23-11 6:10PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Re: New paddler rack

That's a heck of a prize!!! Glad they found a way to make it right for you.

You could probably stick a ski rack under those bars? Guess that would be awkward for more than a couple of rods. Or you could mount on the side, that way you could use one of those black ones with the foam and then use some bungees to hold them down or something?

Last edited by Redfish12 (Oct-24-11 8:13AM)

#3 Oct-24-11 4:46AM

Ernie
Administrator

That's a great prize!

You need the rod holders that many of the trolling charters have. They would mount under the top bar and have a circular sliding clasp.

http://www.rivermarinesupply.com/xcart/ … Racks.html

I am sure they have cheaper ones out there.....

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Oct-24-11 8:10AM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

I like those holders Ernie.  I was going to suggest the same kind of thing.  A row on the underside of the front cross bar and then a row of the ones with the sliding clasp on the back cross bar (as long as the handles on the rods fit in the ring).  I was thinking of trying to put something like that on the inside roof of my Honda Pilot to get the rods organized and off the back floor.  I wanted the rings/hooks to retract or lay flat when not in use and hopefully for the whole thing to be removable. I haven't figured out how to do it yet.

Board footer