Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-15-08 10:20PM

skvan

Inflatable boats....

Im rather short on storage space as I live in an apartment and was wondering if anyone has fished off an inflatable boat and if they know how hard wearing they are ?
The one I have been looking at http://www.seaeagle.com/FoldCat.aspx ...seems to fit my bill and given a little effort my budget (for the electric motor one) but open to suggestions if anyone has one.

Thanks in advance

Skvan

#2 May-16-08 4:25AM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Re: Inflatable boats....

SKVAN,

I've looked at Sea Eagle and they seem to be very quality boats. But i've heard that Zodiac is one of the best quality and long lasting brands out there. There are alot of used ones on Ebay and Craigslist for sale.

#3 May-16-08 4:39AM

Ernie
Administrator

There are at least two guys that are on this forum that use 'toons. They will give you some good info!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 May-16-08 9:22AM

L1Ranger
Northern Snakehead

I don't know nothing about the fold cat, but don't really like the looks of it, though I'm a bit skeptical of things at times - a friend of mine has a sea eagle inflatable raft that he uses on the river and he likes it (http://www.seaeagle.com/MotormountBoats.aspx)
I think I'd go with the raft over the cat in this case

I have an ODC 1220 and I've put it through 2 years of my abuse and I got it used.  The only issue I've had with it is a pinhole leak in one of the bladders, easy fix.

of course,there's the apartment issue - the 1220 can be broken down to go in an apartment.  I've disassembled mine and put it in the bed of my truck under the tonneau cover before, but its not ideal.     

what kind of waters will you be fishing?

now it's yesterday! roll
Ernie

#5 May-16-08 9:29PM

skvan

Only plan on fishing lakes / reservoirs really, maybe the occational gentle river. Nothing that is taxing to me or a boat. Just been looking at boats so that Im not shore bound all the time and unable to get a decent part of a lake at all or get there only by a long walk.

Last edited by skvan (May-16-08 11:23PM)

Skvan

#6 May-17-08 5:48AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

I have a Trout Unlimited Colorado XT Pontoon Boat( one seat). It is available from Costco or cabelas for around $400. I have put a trolling motor on it and used it around ashburn and Beaver Dam. You do need to register any boat with a motor though.
I have tricked it out a little with a swivel seat and rod holders. It is very comfortable and can handle class 1 rapids.
A two seater  would probably be a good option for the river or if you like company when you fish.

smile

Board footer