Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-16-11 4:45PM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Beaver Dam depth

Does anyone here have a depth chart for Beaver Dam? What is the average depth from the middle of the reservoir to the Dam?

I have been having great success trolling spinnerbaits and catching tons of white perch, about 20-30 every evening I troll from one end of the lake to the other side.

I've heard that if you troll deep diving crankbaits, you can catch big catfish and bass. I am looking to buy some crankbaits so that I can troll the middle of the lake but do not know how deep the crankbaits would have to go. Would 10 feet divers be good or should I go deeper?

I know there are some BVD experts here like Paul Naj, Travis and maybe you guys might know. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

#2 Jun-16-11 8:13PM

TyF
Northern Snakehead

Re: Beaver Dam depth

I used to have a depth chart but i do not know were that went. I know that it gets to 70 feet on the dam side in the center and averages about 20 everywhere else.

#3 Jun-17-11 9:59AM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

This is the best I have found.  It at least gives you an idea.

http://www.trails.com/topo.aspx?lat=39. … tyle=drgsr

#4 Jun-17-11 5:06PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Only goes to ~40ft at the dam.   Khanh check your mail.

#5 Jun-18-11 10:52AM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

I think TyF (my son) was thinking of a lake in upstate NY that we are looking to fish.  That lake does go to 70ft and we were looking at the topo map for that recently.  Beaverdam goes to 40 or 50 near the dam.  We just fished there this morning.  A couple small bass and 6-8 White Perch.  Nothing fantastic but still a beautiful morning to be out on the lake.

#6 Jun-18-11 2:19PM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Thanks for your feedback guys! Travis - I got your mail...thanks.

I hope the deep crankbait trolling technique works there for bigger fish.

#7 Jun-20-11 2:13PM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

Travis - if you have a better map of the lake, is there any chance you could email it to me?

#8 Aug-07-11 6:48PM

SteveSquared

Travis - if you have a better map of the lake, is there any chance you could email it to me as well? ???
also FYI membership ive meet a guy out there that has photos from 7-10 years ago when it was like 17 feet low. apparently there is a lot of good structure in there. If i can get a hold of those I will share... email me at slloyd7378@email.vccs.edu

thanks!

#9 Aug-08-11 7:09AM

Houli
Northern Snakehead

If you're willing to share the map and photos I'd love a copy as well ..... my new yak should be here any day.

Thanks

rphoulihan@gmail.com

#10 Aug-08-11 8:16AM

bart2puck
Northern Snakehead

id like to see em too smile bmueller@pingtone.com

Board footer