Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#26 Feb-15-11 8:29PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Re: 1/29/11, Chesapeake Bay (CCNPP) report

They didn't cut it till that night. We fished Sunday afternoon starting at 1. Started catching on the first drop and picked up fish on every drift. I'm not sure how many we caught as a group but it seemed like a lot. Maybe it's just the winter we've had that made it seem that way but it was great to get some pullage! Definitely a lot of fun on light tackle, I think my biggest was about 31 or 32, but the fish are so fat you never knew what you were going to pull up. Took some time to get the feel for hitting bottom but once that was figured out it was steady catching. I was going to post a better report but I was waiting on some pictures from one of the other guys on our trip. I'll try to follow up tomorrow.

I would definitely recommend going out on a trip with Captain Pete, fun Captain and the walk on deal he is doing now is a no-brainer.

#27 Feb-16-11 4:47PM

jffoley
Northern Snakehead

Ernie & everyone, This was a GREAT tip to get after some quality February fish! Thanks! Sorry for the late report. What can I say... work=not fishing!

Did the walk-on trip with Capt. Walleye Pete this past Sunday. Hooked up with Redfish12 (Michael) and couple other guys from the Maryland Kayak Fishing forum. Was supposed to be windy but it was from the SW and not a factor other than fast drifts.

Lemme tell ya, the fish are stacked up in there right now! I have some pics but don't see how to post 'em. I've posted pics before. (???) Anyway, we caught fish on every drift and definitely had 20+ each in 4 hours of LTG'ing with BKD's. Each of us got at least one over 30". Captain Pete is a terrific guide and a whole lotta fun to fish with. If you have a chance... what Ernie said... give him a call and... GO!!!!!

http://www.fourseasonsguideservice.com/

Cobra Explorer Kayak
Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Co-Founder
www.cbkainc.com

#28 Feb-26-11 11:52PM

Bob B
Northern Snakehead

Good report and pix.

Go Fish!

Board footer