Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-27-10 3:03PM

Ernie
Administrator

Good info- Maryland Saltwater Angler Registry

If you plan on fishing in maryland salt water next year, pleas ego to this link and follow the instructions: http://www.dnr.state.md.us/swregistry.asp

My boat has a PRFC boat license but all crew members on board must be previously registered.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Dec-28-10 6:17AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Good info- Maryland Saltwater Angler Registry

More info: https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/

For those of you that do not have boat's or a boat with a qualifying boat license, please take a look and get yourself a license if you are going to fish the salt.

Perhaps Capt. Mike can weigh in and offer some advice......

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Dec-28-10 8:11AM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

I registered for the NOAA registry last year but it wasn't a very obvious requirement. I just happened to see a little line on the printout screen when I printed my MD saltwater license that said I was also required to register with NOAA.

Mo, this is the thing I told you about at the end of last summer that was like a second license card that you needed to fish saltwater.

#4 Dec-28-10 8:38AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

If you get a personal MD or VA saltwater license you're covered in both states. If you own a boat and buy the boat license it comes with a personal license that covers you in both states and the Potomac. If anyone comes aboard on a fishing trip they need to register with the state you're fishing in (free). If you bluewater fish and have the highly migratory species license you're covered. The final option is to go directly to NOAA and pay $15.00. When Curly and I were checked by the Coasties in Wash. Channel they told is it wasn't required there, but  I wouldn't bet on that being the case. It's purpose is to help fisheries peeps get better information by contacting people who actually fish rather than throwing darts at a phone book. They want to count anadromous species (mainly stripers), all of which come up the Potomac into DC to spawn. Don't know if the DC license says anything about including NOAA.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

Board footer