Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-08-09 12:37PM

Ernie
Administrator

Fishing "stuff" needed for less fortunate in Trinidad!!

Ramesh Aniroodh, who goes by "Trinidadschool" on this Forum, has purchased 2 large coolers from Costco and is in the process of gathering fishing supplies and summer items (clothes for kids etc) for his next trip to Trinidad. We want to stuff those coolers!! wink Debbie and I have volunteered for this task and will be shipping the coolers at the end of April.

I would like to appeal to all of the Pacemakerfishing members who might have some extra life vests, hats, fishing tackle etc to bring it over to my house so that we can get the coolers stuffed and ready. The fishing they do is in big water (ocean) so they will not much use for light tackle.

Ramesh does great works with these kids, who are not as fortunate as we are. They do have one advantage over us though.....incredible weather and a beautiful ocean!! They also have great attitudes!  cool What ever you can do to help would be most appreciated.

Take a look at the story from last year: http://www.pacemakerfishing.com/forum/v … php?id=932

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Mar-08-09 1:27PM

trindadschool

Re: Fishing "stuff" needed for less fortunate in Trinidad!!

Thank you Ernie for getting the word out.  What a thrill it is to go fishing in the Caribbean. The youths are excited to go fishing with me this summer. It is like Christmas, not only for them, but for me also. I get an opportunity to bring some joy into their life by doing something I love very much -fishing. It makes me happy to see the smiles in their face, and it also gives me an opportunity to encourage them to pursue their dreams and make good choices.

The cost in organizing a fishing trip that involves renting 4 pirogues, obtaining bait, ice, food, drinks .. for about 25 kids can be challenging, but it is a wonderful sacrifice to make. I do want to make sure that the youths are safe. The life vests and fishing supplies - deep water tackles for salmon, barracudas, red snappers, croakers ect. would greatly help this cause. I am grateful for whatever item you can donate toward this trip.

Gratefully,
Ramesh

#3 Mar-08-09 2:03PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Fishing "stuff" needed for less fortunate in Trinidad!!

Ramesh,

I have a box started and it's almost filled.....net, tackle, hats, waterproof camera etc.

Someday, I would like to go down there and help you out with the fishing!  cool

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer