Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-03-06 2:36PM

Ernie
Administrator

6-3-06, Kent Narrows and Eastern Bay area report

I have been waiting for this day since last December! I had outbid everyone from the Gulf Coast Charter Captains relief auction for a chartered trip with Capt. Richie Gaines. Fishing with me today was Kent Williams who is the pastor of the church I attend.

We woke up early and in anticipation and when we looked outside it was rainy, cloudy and windy. But we didn't care since we knew we were about to learn a bunch about light tackle striper fishing in Eastern Bay.

We stared out throwing jigs and Kent brought the 1st one in. No skunk today!! A few minutes later I landed my 1st one and we were fishing!

After a bit, we started throwing top water baits and we landed few nice ones. That was a thrill.....stripers hit hard on top!

After we caught 10-12 fish, Richie said, "time to look for some bigger ones out in Eastern Bay'. But ....the wind was howling and a front was moving in. Man, it was rough! At one time, the temperature dropped 15 degrees easy. But Richie found a shallow, flat, oyster bottom area and we proceeded to power drift (this is what happens when the wind is blowing at 20+ mph). We caught many stripers bouncing jigs off the bottom. And we were soaked to the bone from the rain. The wind finally let up….for about 7 minutes. But we just kept on fishing.

One nice thing was that Richie complemented us on our "extreme fishing". These were some very tough conditions and we were catching fish. I suspect that we should have complemented him for putting us on the fish under those conditions.

This will go down as a "Top 10" day….rough weather but good fishing!

A bonus for the day was catching a "REWARD" tagged fish. The anticipation is killing me! Could it be a hat fish? A T-shirt fish? A $5 fish? A $100 fish? A.........

I recommend Richie if you ever want to hire out a pro! He can be reached at 410-827-7210 or fishster1@aol.com.

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jun-06-06 6:56PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 6-3-06, Kent Narrows and Eastern Bay area report

The REWARD?? A hat and a thank you! Yikes!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer