Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-26-07 7:43PM

Ernie
Administrator

9-3-05, Potomac River (Lower) report

Brian Colbus and I put in at Shamansky's at 7:15 this morning to try for another action day of white perch and rock fishing on light tackle. The tide was not wih me but I can't do anything about that. We were not dissapointed as it was a beautiful day but man, did it get windy after 9 AM!!

As soon as we were out of the sound we started to look for birds and there were none to be found (I had promised BC some action)!  But we searched and after a few minutes a few birds started working an area and we started casting rattletraps and double rigged bucktails. We started catching 14-17 " rock right away including a double! Then BC got hit hard and he had a 15" rock along with a 19" bluefish....that was fun to watch.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4306/img0975je0.jpg

As soon as the tide went slack...no more birds so off to Swan Pt. for white perch. We got several keepers over 8.5" but the wind was kicking our butt....ran the trolling motor juice down just trying to hold our position.  So we shot into the Wicomico (not much better there) and we found a fairly calm point and proceeded to get a few more keeper perch along with a zillion 3-4 inchers. We had enough for a perch/bluefish dinner!

Then it was lunch at Quades (crab cake) and back to port  we went.

Filled up the boat and the car with 15 gallons each.....Almost $100!!!!!!!!!  In the morning, we passed by a station with $2.99 gas and when we went by this afternoon....$3.25.  @#%&$*!#...NO COMMENT!!

But it's all worth it...what a day!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer