Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-05-09 12:29PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Disney fishing day 2

Fished for thirty minutes before sunrise with a pop-r and no takers.  When the sun came up I threw senkos and had two bites and a taker.  It was once again a little over a pound Left twenty minutes after sunrise to head to the parks and had no disturbances from the police which was nice.  I hope to catch more than one fish per day later in the trip once I figure them out.

#2 Apr-05-09 7:12PM

Paul Naj
Northern Snakehead

Re: Disney fishing day 2

Charlie,

When you walk around the grounds by the hotels and the sidewalks near the water, notice anything scurrying around? They're Anoles. They are a type of lizard. That's a pretty good hint. wink

I've been to Disney several times and did pretty well each time. The first couple of times I used to drive up to the Contemporary Hotel and fish the bank of the canal that runs past there. I caught a bunch of small fish each morning on flukes.

The last time down there was 5 or 6 years ago and I stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside. The water was much more off color and I only got 1 fish on flukes the first 2 mornings. I finally slowed things down and went to a junebug colored weightless lizard and caught 5 to 10 fish each of the next 3 mornings with 4 fish over 4 lbs including my personal best 7.5 Lber.

#3 Apr-06-09 5:51AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

In summary.....THROW LIZARDS! haha

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#4 Apr-06-09 7:01AM

HungUpPaul

Port Orleans Riverside is cool.  We were there in January and I fished a couple times without any luck in the River.  I should have taken Paul's advice and picked up some type of creature bait.  But honestly I was too exhausted to do much fishing with the daily schedule and everyone ended up getting sick.  They do have a "Fishin' Hole" where you can legally fish.  They rent bamboo poles with worms, but I asked the guy and he said it's OK to use your own rod, but you have to pay the same rate as renting.

#5 Apr-11-09 3:51PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm266/redskinsfan360/DSC01849.jpg

Board footer