Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-17-23 5:24AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Maryland putting in for Blue Cat disaster relief

Just read an article on the request for help against invasive species.  Blue Cats and Snakeheads are among them, but the blue catfish is getting called out as the primary culprit.  Just a section from the article :

“Right now what we have is difficulty with any kind of processing of them so they can be sold in, for example, restaurants,” Nicolas explained. “There’s a hang up in that process that we need to get fixed. And hopefully, the governor’s declaration is really going to help push those sorts of steps forward.”

For now, it’s up to local residents to eat these invasive species, and Nicolas has a tip for that, too.

“I personally would go for blue cats because the snakeheads have a lot more bones, but they’re both pretty delicious,” she says.

If you’re a local angler, remember there are no limits on catching invasive fish — at any size during any time of year. So get fishing!

I don't know about the snakeheads having a lot of bones (just the ribs), but hey....have people target the cats and leave the snakeheads for the rest of us! lol

#2 Mar-17-23 6:19AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Maryland putting in for Blue Cat disaster relief

It would be nice if there were donation centers or something where you could bring them. When I catch one I just end up letting it go because I don't feel like dealing with it.

tight lines

#3 Mar-17-23 7:44AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Maryland putting in for Blue Cat disaster relief

Good point.  It doesn't help that these fish are listed as unsafe to eat out of the Potomac.  I just do not think it is worth the hassle due to contaminates.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

Board footer