Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-16-19 5:58AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Fun perch catching Cobb Island

So I made a plan to strip my boat of all that snakehead tackle and my huge tackle bag. Of coarse I get three new rods in the mail yesterday also. New reels are only a day away. So 26 rods are now removed from my little boat and filling up my back porch. So two very light 7 foot rods are with a Woody tied on are placed in boat. A cooler for fish meat (fish) and an ultra light tackle box. We head for Cobb Island and launch at Shamanskies ramp. What a terrible ramp it is. Plan was to hit docks and pick off some big perch. Turned out they did not like docks and preferred points and they where pulled pretty far back from the points too. We proceeded to wail on them for 3 hours. Picked up 32 keepers and landed around 100 plus fish total.  Never changed lures..
Picked up a half bushel of crabs Captain Johns and a 12 pack of Stella for lunch.

Cleaned up the perch and have about 2.5 lbs of filet for Taco Tuesday Family night. Love Taco Tuesday. 

https://indianheadcharters.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/perch.jpg

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#2 Aug-16-19 7:31AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Fun perch catching Cobb Island

Nice batch of Perch!  Plan worked out well!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Aug-16-19 2:07PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Fun perch catching Cobb Island

Nice!

Chaptico Landing is a better ramp. Plus, you have to go by the Chaptico Deli to a fro.

Bob sets 10.5" as keeper size. Not sure if the Wicomico's perchies come that big.

BTW, Butch no longer owns Shamanky's.

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer