Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-18-18 12:51PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Amazon rod shipping

I buy a lot of rods from Amazon.. and they must have the worst packing people in the world. I have received them just wrapped in bubble wrap and once taped to a flat piece of cardboard. A very large box 7 feet long and loose in the box and once four rods taped together with a shipping label on the handle.   Also got one last month that had no rod in the box..taped up tight but no rod..Amazon wanted me to return the box with the rod to get a new one. That took some escalating to get that fixed.

So maybe 20 rods in the last three years and 6 are broken and one missing.

Oddly I ordered an 8 foot rod and it came in a hard tube...only one ever..

Why? It is so easy to ship in a tube safely. I wonder if they save money in the long run replacing broken rods.

Something to ponder today.

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#2 Jun-18-18 12:57PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Amazon rod shipping

I have experienced the same.  I prefer to buy off e-bay or through American Legacy Fishing.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Jun-18-18 1:14PM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

I've bought 6 rods from Amazon, all 6 packaged like you said, bubble wrapped and in a long box that eventually becomes flattened in the transporting process...all have made it without any breaking, suprisingly.

I've ordered 5 from Cabela's, all shipped in rod tubes, and 2 of them have come with tips broken.

I don't really hesitate to buy from either one though because both have amazing customer service.

#4 Jun-18-18 1:33PM

Ernie
Administrator

Most of my rods come from guys that bought too many and their wives are ticked at them. Have scored many a great rod this way. My top water canon (St. Croix Ultra) has someone' else's name on it and I got it at almost 1/3 the cost...in brand new condition!

Many on this forum have benefited as I cull.

Can't remember when I bought a new rod from a retailer.

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Jun-27-18 9:16AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

I build rods

The blanks come from either MudHole or Barlows - they both do an excellent job of packaging

Board footer