Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb-28-18 9:46AM

Gforrest3997

Pre spawn advice

Hey guys, just getting back to the northern Virginia region in a few weeks.. anyways just wanted to get some advice from fellow anglers on fishing the pre spawn. I know some bass will roam the shallows looking to feed on baitfish and some stay near drop offs. However I’m no expert and have never really fished the prespawn. Any advice helps such as lures, approximate depths, or specific parts on a lake that I should be fishing. Thanks!

#2 Feb-28-18 10:13AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: Pre spawn advice

Red rattle trap on flats mid day and c rigged lizards on pebble bottoms. Jigs with power jig on them also work great on rocky points. This time year when water starts to warm you can catch 40 or more bass a day. Or zero if it is too cold. Look for a couple of warm nights in a row and then go fishing.

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#3 Feb-28-18 1:49PM

Ernie
Administrator

Jerkbaits will get their attention....

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Feb-28-18 1:50PM

Gforrest3997

Mike- Awesome thanks for the advice! I personally love fishing around rocky areas since they generate heat and hold crawfish, also I’m a huge fan of jig fishing.

Ernie- yeah haven’t really caught much on them but it is a very good cold water bait.. I think some areas that I fish have some dirtier water so maybe a jerkbait in firetiger color?

Last edited by Gforrest3997 (Feb-28-18 1:51PM)

Board footer