Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-14-17 10:05AM

bart2puck
Northern Snakehead

FountainHead Saturday - We humans are disgusting

My brother and I went out to fountainhead Saturday morning after the deluge Friday night.  I didn't know what to expect.  What we got was a disgusting amount of trash floating down the reservoir. I don't know if thats the norm or the storm made things 10x worse.  It was truly appalling.  we couldn't get to the other side without going through huge trash piles floating with the current.

and we caught 0 fish over 5 hours.  we fished the shores tight, trying to only hit stained water, avoiding the chocolate milk.  We tried drop shotting deep. we tried swim baits.  by the end of the morning, I had thrown 1 type of everything I own with only 2 bluegill bites to show for it..

#2 Aug-14-17 12:04PM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: FountainHead Saturday - We humans are disgusting

We are disgusting, but the storm didn't help. Potomac was full of trash and debris too.  I felt a thump when I was heading in, and when I got back to the ramp, I had a 5 foot log lodged under my motor.

https://s20.postimg.org/4mysrllzx/potomac_debris.jpg

tight lines

#3 Aug-14-17 3:50PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Fountainhead/Occoquan Reservoir can be very tough in the Summertime.  Add muddy water conditions and it is even harder.  I hear the fish suspend in deep water at the thermocline.  I got lucky in a similar high water event and found them in shallow water at feeder creeks with a buzzbait.  That was fun, but hasn't happened since.  I have not fished there this year as the river has had more water and I like chasing smallies near my own backyard.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#4 Aug-15-17 9:26AM

bart2puck
Northern Snakehead

drxfish wrote:

Fountainhead/Occoquan Reservoir can be very tough in the Summertime.  Add muddy water conditions and it is even harder.  I hear the fish suspend in deep water at the thermocline.  I got lucky in a similar high water event and found them in shallow water at feeder creeks with a buzzbait.  That was fun, but hasn't happened since.  I have not fished there this year as the river has had more water and I like chasing smallies near my own backyard.

it was a once and only time for me.  I like my backyard waters as well.

#5 Aug-15-17 1:27PM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Back yard's nice, but within an hour or two drive are some epic waters

Board footer