Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-11-17 12:31PM

Ernie
Administrator

Roger Graham Holt, 1/22/1944 - 3/11/2017

Andrew Holt (theguvnor) lost his dad today after a fierce battle with cancer. I only play golf once a year and Roger was always part of that 4 some. He lived here in Ashburn Village and he will be missed greatly.

RIP

From Andrew:

Today, minutes after 12pm, my mentor, my teacher, my inspiration, my biggest supporter, my golf partner, my driving instructor. The man who I called 2-3 times every day just to say “hi”, the man that in his eyes I could do no wrong, my father and most importantly the best friend I'll ever have Roger Holt ended his very private ten year battle with prostate cancer.

He passed peacefully in his own home and was surrounded by loving family. His wife Nora Holt of 47 years of loving marriage holding one hand and myself holding his other. In addition, two of my mothers amazing sisters and of course his loving grand dogs, who never left his side over the last two weeks, on his bed by his feet. In lieu of flowers we ask if you would make a donation in Roger's name to the Johns Hopkins Prostate Cancer Research Fund which can be found at the attached link.

Myself and my family appreciate your condolences and will have additional information shortly as to dates and times of services.

Thank you to all my friends and family who knew of the struggle going on with me the last 4 months and being so supportive through this very difficult ordeal. All of you know how difficult this has been on my wonderful mother and myself and I can't thank you enough.

If my father was here he'd end with this;: "Eat the best, drink the best and the play the most and best golf you can."

Cheers and Love from the Holt's

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer