Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-21-16 7:08AM

TyF
Northern Snakehead

Daytona Beach Fishing

Heading down to Daytona for a weekend in about 3 weeks and was hoping to get some fishing in. Not looking to hire a charter and only have my bass set ups so I'm limited to either fishing freshwater or going for reds and trout and such inshore. Also don't have a boat/yak so limited to the shore as well. Any info on where I could legally fish from shore for big bass or reds/trout would be greatly appreciated. Any other general info about the area would be great too. I plan on stopping by the local tackle shop when I get there and asking these questions but wanted your input first.

Thanks,
Tyler

#2 Mar-21-16 7:51AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Daytona Beach Fishing

I'm also going down to Florida in a few weeks and am in the same situation. I will be in Key West though. Never been to Florida before, in fact I've never been south of NC. I can't wait.

Don't mean to hijack, I'm sure there's someone here who has some advice.

tight lines

#3 Mar-28-16 5:36AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Can't help you much, but fish any body of water you can ... I use to travel to FL once a month and always had a selection of soft plastics, jigheads, and a UL spinning rod.  Fished many a small pond, the intercoastal, from the beach, and canals & caught all kinds of fish I had no clue what they were

#4 Mar-30-16 10:54AM

mkupchyk

Tyler, I do not personally know Daytona fishing (went there for Spring Break many years ago, haha) but a suggestion is to see if there are any YouTube fishing vids of the area. Amazing how many fishing YT channels have popped up in the last few years. I saw some showing Boynton Beach (a lot farther south) and the guy was fishing the local canals using a Texas rigged rage craw (or similar, I forget) and got hammered pretty often.

Board footer