Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan-21-16 6:51AM

Ernie
Administrator

Hilton Head SC guides

Anyone have any experience?

Looking to do inshore/back country stuff....

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jan-23-16 12:09PM

basscrusher
Northern Snakehead

Re: Hilton Head SC guides

Almost went out with this guy several years ago...

http://www.palmettolagooncharters.com/a … rters.aspx

His name is Capt Trent.  Cool guy.  Weather killed my opportunity to go out with him, but I did get to chat with him a couple times while I was bank fishing and he was drifting nearby in his skiff.  All of his rods holders were filled with Loomis Greenwater rods.  Nice stuff.  Friendly guy.  He might only work with a certain resort, so you might want to check on that.

A couple years after I was down there I saw Capt Trent on Byron Velvick's saltwater show, catching redfish in the canals and sharks in the surf...on topwater plugs!!!!

Someone with a kayak could do a lot on their own w/o a guide in the canal system on Hilton Head, as long as there is a public put-in.  The week I was there the redfish shut down, but caught some decent trout.  Most productive lure was a 3" Storm swimbait (1/4 oz).  If you go let me know, I can tell you about the best food on the island, too.

#3 Jan-23-16 2:02PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Hilton Head SC guides

Thanks for the info but I ended up hiring Scott Wagner. Turns out he is a friend of Donnie Davis who I fished with many times down at the Outer Banks. Always good to have a connection.

I like those Greenwater rods....I have one (bought used) and am always looking for more!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer