Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-02-08 7:25AM

skvan

Cacapon State Park WVA 8/29 - 9/1

Disappeared for a few days to Cacapon to play some golf and do some fishing. The golf was fantastic, beautiful course lay out and so damn quiet.
The fishing sadly however was poor beyond belief. The water levels on the park itself were very low in both the small stocked lake and the 'beach' lake. The stream that runs between the two was all but dried up.
The fish either were none existant or simply not in the mood to bite on anything that anyone (not just Debbie and I) was using as bait.

Went to Sleepy Creek lake for 1 afternoon of fishing, had a couple of nice bites there but failed to land any of the bites we had. I would imagine that taking a boat out on that lake though would be very good. Its a man made lake flooded woodland with tree stumps poking out and the locals say there are some big fish in there.

Well worth the trip out there, some basic cabins to rent, and the lodge itself has some funtional rooms as well. I for sure would go back there for another weekend of golf and fishing, the peace and quiet there was something else.

http://www.cacaponresort.com/

Last edited by skvan (Sep-02-08 7:27AM)

Skvan

#2 Sep-02-08 8:17AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Cacapon State Park WVA 8/29 - 9/1

That's a nice place for sure but they need water!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Sep-02-08 4:37PM

bassman
Northern Snakehead

Re: Cacapon State Park WVA 8/29 - 9/1

You're absolutely right - Cacapon is a gem, and only about 1hr20min door2door . . . my family has been going there for years.  This year we rented the old Inn the first week of July - the bite was better than you described - probably landed a couple dozen bass between the two lakes, but none over 1lb.  The golf was far more enjoyable.  The guy at the front desk suggested that we travel 20 minutes to the Cacapon River for some great smallie action, but warned us to keep on the look out for rattlesnakes. . . . unfortuantely we never made the trip - next time.  They've also opened a new skeet shooting range, which the teenage boys really enjoyed.

Board footer