Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-23-07 10:44AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

4-1-07, Upper Potomac by goose creek

I went out Sunday afternoon during the warmest part of the day. I had to float my boat to do some repair work on the trailer bunks, so I decided to get a line wet while I was there. The water was high, muddy with some debris. I could not get a smallmouth bite, so I anchored next to a nice hole and decided to try for catfish. Just after a got my first line in the water, I notice a 5-6 foot snake swimming across the river towards me. Bam, I get a hook up with a catfish. I am fighting the fish and the snake keeps coming towards the boat. I grasp an oar thinking I will scare it off. No luck the snake just coils and shows his fangs. They look big to me.
So I have the fishing pole in one hand and the oar in the other. I manage to land the fish, and then turned my full attention to the snake. It is trying to get in the boat and striking at the me and the oar. I finally got a chance to turn the paddle on edge and come down on the snake with an axe motion.

I did not catch another fish in that hole and I notice some extra gray in my hair.smile

Jeff

smile

#2 Apr-23-07 5:02PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 4-1-07, Upper Potomac by goose creek

What if that snake wrapped itself on the paddle? Good heavens! Glad it wa syou and not me but nice job on the battle!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer