Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-21-14 9:52PM

CrankbaitGuy

9/21/2014 - NF Shenandoah

I did a wade trip with a couple of guys from PRSC yesterday on the North Fork in the afternoon into evening.  One of the guys recently moved to the US from the UK and is new to smallmouth fishing.  The river is quite low and about 70F during the day.

Overall fishing was tough, not nearly as productive as the past for this time of year.  The consolation is that I got to show off my favorite spots and help the "new guy" get to two biggest bass, maybe 11-12".  The 'doah system overall seems to be down with respect to size this year for smallmouth.

Bass bite, such as it is, is mostly on soft plastics.  Stickbaits of the Senko/Magic Stix type, wacky rigged, were the most effective today.  The bites are short from both the bass and some ambitious redbreast sunfish.  I tried switching things up with 2" white crappie minnows on drop shot and split shot rigs, but mostly got redbreast sunfish.  Plugs yielded nothing, spinners only more sunfish.

Total smallmouth landed was four or five, plus a lot of sunfish.  Largemouth, catfish and creek chubs seen but not caught.

Board footer