Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan-11-14 4:20PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Economy must be really bad!

Lots of stuff going on the classified thread in the last month.  Many $ worth.................14 new threads in less than a month!

Last edited by Curly (Jan-11-14 4:22PM)

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#2 Jan-11-14 5:14PM

basscrusher
Northern Snakehead

Re: Economy must be really bad!

For me it was mainly about simplifying and organizing.  Some of this stuff was preventing me from finding the stuff I actually use.  Also, I pretty much use only a handful of lure types in 2 or 3 colors.  Especially with soft plastic bass lures. (crankbaits are a different story...)  What you didn't see was the $150 worth of bass plastics I sold before I even posted the saltwater stuff.

#3 Jan-11-14 5:36PM

Ernie
Administrator

It ain't the economy......it's just extra stuff and LOTS of it. In my case, I am just clearing out stuff that I don't use. I just traded a St. Croix MHF rod for 2 fly reels that I probably don't need (will be selling whatever I replace) that I had not used in 2+ years. Last year I donated it's twin to the CCA since it had barely been used. Why did I have 2 of the same rod?

I have someone coming over next week that needs to fill their new tackle bag.....at great prices! cool

Now I need to go through my fly collection....could take a while though!   lol But I do hear we have another AV coming in around Jan. 19 so I may have some time to fiddle through the boxes.....

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Jan-11-14 6:46PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

It appears that fire sales are contagious. Redfish started it. Unfortunately I've run out of money and space.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#5 Jan-11-14 6:51PM

Ernie
Administrator

Redfish trades up like no one I know....BUT I am determined to reduce the herd and so far, it appears that I am winning the battle.

Time to go fishin' again!

#6 Jan-12-14 3:20AM

Bruce
Northern Snakehead

Curly wrote:

Lots of stuff going on the classified thread in the last month.  Many $ worth.................14 new threads in less than a month!

In my case, I just bought a new Lowrance Elite 4 DSI, which made my almost new Piranhmax 175PT expendable. Doesn't make sense to have 3 finders for two kayaks. My guess is that the recent uptick in classified listings relates to the weather...if we had better weather, we'd be fishing instead of having the time to dig through our excess stuff and selling what we don't need anymore.

#7 Jan-12-14 2:27PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Yea I am pretty bad about buying things because they are a good deal and I may use them in the future. I made a goal to not make any other pick ups without letting other stuff go so now when I want something I let other lesser used items go. My recent sales were to fund an upcoming offshore mothership trip and to buy a release SG reel. Pricey stuff! I put my original iPod up for sale on eBay and so far the bids are up to $200, which is way cool. I like the up-trading thing though! Plus, I think some folks have received some awesome deals from me that I have passed through.

I also picked up an Elite 4 DSI and after the coupon, the rebate, and the funds received for selling the map chip it ended up being an awesome deal.

Last edited by Redfish12 (Jan-12-14 2:31PM)

#8 Jan-30-14 2:36AM

Bruce
Northern Snakehead

Redfish12 wrote:

I also picked up an Elite 4 DSI and after the coupon, the rebate, and the funds received for selling the map chip it ended up being an awesome deal.

Redfish,
I have the same map chip, 2013 Lake Insight Pro for Lowrance Mark or Elite or HDS units, which I'd like to sell. Any suggestions on the best place and price to sell this?
Bruce

#9 Jan-30-14 9:36AM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

I sold mine on SOL (stripersonline)

Board footer