Charlie's site.....

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Dec-19-13 8:34AM

Charlie NHBA
Northern Snakehead
Website

Re: Charlie's site.....

NOTICE:
Next week will be the last promulgation of The Fishing Report. After a run of 25 years, I have made the decision to quit publishing The Fishing Report due to a number of reasons. The seventeen newpapers that have been supportive over the years have either ceased publication or made the decision not to print any outdoor coverage. Verizon, in it's infinite wisdom, has notified me that they will no longer provide free personal web space and that all current web sites will be expunged on March 15, 2014. Since I am no longer being paid to produce The Fishing Report and it will cost me to set up and maintain a new web site, I cannot justify my time, effort and expense to maintain The Fishing Report. It has been a good run and I would like to thank all the loyal readers for their support over the past 25 years.

Charlie NHBA.........

#3 Dec-19-13 9:49AM

kidnikarus
Northern Snakehead

Sorry to hear about that. I read it every week! Good luck.

Nick Mendis
Woodbridge, VA

#4 Dec-19-13 11:00AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Charlie,
I go to your site every Thursday hoping to get your report a "day early"......sometimes you post on Thursday afternoon instead of on Friday.  Before that.....I went directly to the sports page in the Washington paper every Friday morning.

I will most certianly miss it sad and I hope you might be able to find a sponsor to help you keep it up on another site.  You might want to contact the VDGIF Outdoor Report.  They post a lot of fishing reports there, but it is only monthly.  They might think about a weekly report from you that they send out?

I guess I'll be emailing you more.......for what's biting and where lol

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#5 Dec-19-13 11:03AM

Ernie
Administrator

Charlie- we have a few readers, you can always post it here.

Your reports have been invaluable and your willingness to share is greatly appreciated.

#6 Dec-20-13 5:15AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Always enjoyed your reports. Thanks for the many years of writing.

tight lines

#7 Dec-20-13 12:09PM

Charlie NHBA
Northern Snakehead
Website

Curly:
I used to post on the Outdoor Report, but their report is at least 3 weeks behind. I contacted Sarah White and asked her about it. She told me that this is the way she is going to do it and if I didn't like it, I could cease to post.  That I did!  A three week old report is no good to anyone.

I have had offeres to sponsor a site for the report, but at 75 years of age, I just don't know whether I want to continue to commit to this.

I also thought about a subscription site where anyone wishing to access the site would pay $10 per year and that would cover all expenses.

I am still mulling it over, but don't get your hopes up.

Charlie.......

Charlie NHBA.........

#8 Dec-20-13 1:00PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Charlie NHBA wrote:

Curly:
...........I also thought about a subscription site where anyone wishing to access the site would pay $10 per year and that would cover all expenses.

I am still mulling it over, but don't get your hopes up.

Charlie.......

You'd get $10 from me every year! smile

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#9 Dec-23-13 6:29PM

Charlie NHBA
Northern Snakehead
Website

Thanks to all of you for your concern regarding my weekly fishing report. As a resutl of my posting, I have received
many offers of assistance in keeping the report alive.I am currently exploring a number of these options
in order to continue publishing the report.

More information will be posted on the site as things begin to clear up.

In the meantime, I will continue to create and post the fishing report as usual.

Charlie NHBA.........

#10 Jan-16-14 12:04PM

Charlie NHBA
Northern Snakehead
Website

Due to Verizon doing away with Personal Web Space, this website will be going away very shortly. I had originally decided to stop publishing the Fishing Report, but have been persuaded by many readers to continue writing it. One reader has stepped up to the plate and set up a new website to carry the Fishing Report. All Fishing Reports for the current year will also be archived on the site. In addition, there will be articles on fishing and my fishing excursions. Hopefully, these will be of interest to all readers.

Check out the new website at: www.charlietaylorfishing.com

Let me know how you like it.

Charlie.........

Charlie NHBA.........

#11 Jan-16-14 12:14PM

Ernie
Administrator

Nice Charlie!

I put the new link up top.

Board footer