Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-16-13 6:21PM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

Bushwood Croaker and Blue Cat - May 11, 2013

Very late report due to my work load.

My wife was away and I couldn't fish long because of an old dog at home.
So I went Bushwood Wharf, MD for Croaker.  I brought two dozens of cooked shrimp (Costco Salad shrimp, 100-150 counts).

Usually the first weekend of the May is the day for croakers for me.  But not this time. According to the local, and after my one day of fishing here, I knew that croaker were about a week behind the schedule. May 17-18 weekend will be very good, I bet

One of my friends wanted me bring small blue cat.  I kept 4 blue cat @ 20-26".  But a local told me my cats were channel cat - he said channel cats taste better.  Later it was confirmed that my cat was blue cat indeed.

I caught croaker four @12', two @13", and one @16" in 13-28' of water.  I couldn't find the school of 16 incher again due to the strong wind in 28' of water

I caught 8 blue cat @20-28", kept 4 small ones @20-26.

My video Log:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTc7i46uGf0

#2 May-17-13 5:13AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Bushwood Croaker and Blue Cat - May 11, 2013

Well done Joe, I am very familiar with the Wicomico River.

There is something missing in your video....I did not see you sitting (at an angle) at Quades store while eating a crab cake sandwich. Alice Quade died a couple of years ago at age 93. She worked at the family store from the time she was 15. The crab cake sandwiches from there are legendary

Lots of nice white perch and striper action nearby…..

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer