Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-30-13 2:32AM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

Redfish, ComeOnfish and the Binge Fishing Crew, Pinch and Slap - CHSP

The same 10% of the anglers catch 90% of the tog

It was nice to fish with Redfish and the Binge Fishing Crew.I brought spear fishing gear, but I didn't even triy it because the water was very stained.  Perhaps next time

I caught 9-10 tautog. But everyone caught 15-20 each
Here is my fishing log:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aAMg4_Kb9E

Last edited by ComeOnFish (Apr-30-13 3:48AM)

#2 May-02-13 8:39AM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Re: Redfish, ComeOnfish and the Binge Fishing Crew, Pinch and Slap - CHSP

Fun day out there! I lost that big fish in the rocks unfortunately!

I took a hint from our resident fish roasting poppa and decided to try eating the head. It was hard to cut, he must have one of those knives from the infomercials that can cut through pipes, tomatoes, and everything else! I put mine on the grill face down and covered in some Japanese BBQ sauce. It was delicious but no one else at the fish fry was very interested in eating it...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ROoqAebPGZc/UX3LJYK5hiI/AAAAAAAAJjM/hYCrWbeciJ0/s800/IMG_2123.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-gZ-8-GEhBb8/UX3LKgT_CCI/AAAAAAAAJjU/QEFdKZhmDrA/s800/IMG_2124.jpg

#3 May-02-13 9:04AM

Ernie
Administrator

The meat right under the big head bone is the best. When you filet a fish, you don't get at it.

That looks good!

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 May-02-13 8:10PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

It was actually great! The eye was a bit tough for people to get past though, and the teeth. I think I'll try it more often but I need to break out a saw or get a better serrated knife next time.

#5 May-07-13 5:34PM

AbuMasgouf
Northern Snakehead
Website

I just saw this post! Awesome going bro! Thanks for the Hat tip smile

Yeah I found out recently that Tog have a really hard head when I Masgoufed one that Joe gave me. You really need a chef's knife to properly Masgouf the fish. You have to stick the knife in the head and start to crack it open.

The head contains some really flavorful meat. There is a piece behind the fish's "cheek" traditionally called the fisherman's morsel which is very tasty!
Did you eat the eye? I've never eaten it... I actually use to tell me when the fish is about done when roasting it Masgouf style (It clouds up).

Mustafa
ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
2016 Hobie Outback
"Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam Al'Sadiq (p)

#6 May-07-13 6:20PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

I definitely ate the cheek- that's my favorite part. I did not eat the eye but I did eat the meat behind it, leaving most of the eye intact. Tog heads are HARD!

Board footer