Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-24-12 5:17AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

NB of the Susky

Just got back from 5 days fishing the North Branch of the Susquehanna up by the NY/PA border.

A group of us meet each fall and I'm fortunate enough to get an invitation to ride in a jet boat.  These guys have some real nice Tracker & Snyder jet boats.

We stay in a rustic cabin that has hot running water for showers, a real toilet, a kitchen, bunks, and a pot belly stove that keeps the cabin warm.  Football's always on the tube via dish.  All the comforts of home, with the exception of a wife telling you what you can't eat, can't drink, and can't say.  Luv it!

Day one was windy.  20mph w/ 40mph gusts.  I was in a 18' Tracker and it was pushed around hard.  Managed a dozen smallies, best one 4# and the rest were around 2-3#.  No dinks, but one citation perch.  Never caught a perch up there.

The next day was rain.  God decided it was time to open the flood gates and the rain was thick 1/2 the day.  The rain stopped around 1300 and the fishing broke loose.  Not sure how many I got, but all the smallies were fat & hungry.

The next few days were nirvana.  Fish averaged 16-17" and were so fat, I could hold my hand up to the side of them and still see bronze.

We caught the leaves at their peaks.  The hill sides & mountains were on fire with leaves being orange & red & yellow.  Deer, grouse, phesant, & turkeys were everywhere and occation you could hear one being taken.  Week we were there was kids hunting season, but I'm sure they were not the only ones taking game.

Phenominal time.  I got pix, but haven't had a chance to download them.

#2 Oct-24-12 5:52AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: NB of the Susky

Maaaan, that sounds like an awesome trip! I'm jealous!

tight lines

#3 Oct-24-12 6:25AM

Ernie
Administrator

I relaxed just reading this.....thanks!!

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Oct-24-12 7:31AM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

That sounds like an awesome trip.  Nice to have places like that not too far away.  Good friends, good boats, and great fish!

#5 Oct-25-12 7:19AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

We tend to show off our cooking skills on this trip too. 

One buddy got some freshly slaughted pork and grilled it - melt in your mouth good.

Next night I stuffed jumbo shrimps with crab and served it w/ a simple salad.

t-bones one night, and one night out in a dive of an italian restaurant that's always packed.  They even home make their pasta.  Veal parm was over the top.

We went through a case of Becks, Heinekin, & Amstel Light too.

Now I'm on a diet.

Last edited by hookup (Oct-25-12 7:23AM)

#6 Oct-25-12 8:32AM

Ernie
Administrator

That's some good eating.....

Time to go fishin' again!

#7 Oct-26-12 5:30AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

outstanding!!
You will be dreaming about that trip all winter.

smile

#8 Oct-26-12 6:10AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

I already want to hit the water tomorrow ... but wifey says I need to spend some time doing honeydos

Board footer