Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-25-11 5:08PM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

Pacu on Pavilion Lake

Tyler was fishing the Pavilion Lake today and caught what I think is a Pacu!!  It is about 11 inches long and kind of looks like a sunfish on steroids with nasty human teeth.  See pics.

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff373/GregF000/Pacu2.jpg

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff373/GregF000/Pacu1.jpg

He didn't put him back because I am almost positive he doesn't belong there.  I don't know anymore details of how he caught him.  My question is, do I need to report this or show anybody the fish?  I have him in a bucket stinking up my garage.  I think I will freeze him until I know what to do.  Quick reply from anyone knowledgeable would be appreciated.

Tyler will fill you all in on the rest of the details later.  I just wanted to get some info asap.

Greg

#2 Oct-25-11 5:31PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Pacu on Pavilion Lake

Plenty of home aquarium fish have been caught from there.  People dump their aquarium fish in there instead of flushing them.  Pacu ar good to eat.........but not when they are already stinky big_smile .

No need to report to VA-DGIF.........probably a loner.   We didn't shock any up in the last 4 years with the biologist.

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#3 Oct-25-11 5:47PM

Ernie
Administrator

According to Andrew (in an email) they would croak (die) when the cold sets in.

Cool catch though....but he should have gone to the dentist for a cleaning!

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Oct-26-11 6:38AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

So irresponsible for people to release aquarium fish into the wild like that. this his how the whole snakehead thing started.

I dont think there's anything to worry about with the Pacu. They're tropical fish and shouldn't survive even a mild winter. shouldn't...haha. that thing looks pertty beat up though. did he catch it like that?

#5 Oct-26-11 7:32AM

TyF
Northern Snakehead

Yes I caught it like that. It was just swimming in circles and I knew it wasn't supposed to be there so I snagged it. It was pretty ugly looking.

#6 Oct-26-11 9:16AM

bart2puck
Northern Snakehead

he lived a rough life, always picked on by the bigger fish.  you did him some good.

#7 Oct-26-11 9:48AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

looks like the cold already got to him.

Board footer