Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-18-06 5:49PM

Ernie
Administrator

11-17/18-06, the Great Skunkaroo on the Lower Potomac!

For months, we (Josh Turner, Brian "BC" Colbus, John "Curly" Casale & me) have been looking forward to fishing the Potomac River Anglers Club Tournament with Capt. Jeff Hammett on the Rebecca E.

The tournament was Saturday, but Curly and I headed down on Friday to do a little pre-fishing with Bodeen, as Jeff is called.

We got out on the water shortly before 1 PM and we roamed the river around St. Clements with no fish to show. OK...they are not up that way, they must be lower down river so now we had a game plan for Saturday.

The crew arrived just before 6 AM and we steamed downriver (almost a 30 mile run) to chase the big stripers. We figured that the winning fish would need to be over 40". What we didn't figure was getting skunked and that is exactly what happened.

Jeff Hammett rarely gets skunked on his boat. He works hard and can usually find fish but not on this day. We fished as long as we could but it was to no avail.

Fact 1- Keech Edelin won the PRAC tourney with a 41", 31 lb fish. 2nd place was won by Lee Tippet and his fish weighed just a 1/2 pound less.

Fact 2- This is the 3rd time I have fished this tournament and have yet to catch a fish. BC and I fished the same day as the tournament in 2004 and we managed one 20" fish but we did not pay to get in.

Fact 3- we will try again next spring

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Nov-20-06 8:19AM

L1Ranger
Northern Snakehead

Re: 11-17/18-06, the Great Skunkaroo on the Lower Potomac!

Fact 4 - it was still a blast, as always!

now it's yesterday! roll
Ernie

Board footer