Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-26-11 7:44PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Final Potomac Pike report for 2011

Two young men joined me today for the hunt for Potomac Pike. Not knowing what they are in for we headed out and started the task. Many fisherman have tried to target them and a few have succeeded but it takes nerves of steel to fish such heavy cover for so long. Many blowups and a few hookups make for intense action followed by long pauses in the action. But we did get a nice one in the boat..I think they are hooked on this type of fishing.
http://www.indianheadcharters.com/11/127.jpg

On to some fishing down south for a month, then MONSTER CATFISH.

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#2 Aug-26-11 8:25PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Final Potomac Pike report for 2011

That's the one we missed last night!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Aug-26-11 8:49PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Slop fishing is tough to get a hang of but when you do, it's easily one of the most fun ways to catch fish. The hard part is waiting for a second after the strike and then the major league swing hook set. I devoted almost every trip this summer to fishing toads and frogs. When you can go fishing and have your heart pounding like you just ran a mile, it's a technique worth practicing.

#4 Aug-27-11 6:17AM

Ernie
Administrator

Dominion Dan wrote:

When you can go fishing and have your heart pounding like you just ran a mile, it's a technique worth practicing.

Very well said....Paul Naj said the same after our outing with Mike. The anticipation is worth the hunt. White perch and snakies....I can get used to that!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer