Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-15-11 5:49PM

Ernie
Administrator

Aparently we (Lakes & Ponds Committe) have a hiden agenda!

See for yourself!
--------------------------------------------
To: BOD <bod@ashburnvillage.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 11:16 AM
Subject: Important Information Left Out...

I intend to ask for the question, with respect to the L&P fishing guidelines, to be brought up again in July.  According to Jeff Peak, he spoke to the gentleman who did the study.  Much to my surprise, and something we should have been told last night, was that he would not change a thing with our current lake management practices.  After reading through the document provided I am convinced that the only intention here is to build a destination fishing environment.  This is no different from other programs that have been railed on, e.g. Pavilion, Blue Waves, etc. over the last couple of years.  The impact on around the lakes without input from the community could be an issue with some.  Ann Kohut may want to dialogue as well as others who live along the banks of Pavilion Lake, like those who live in the Lakeshore Condos.

Do we want to become a destination fishing location or not?  That is the question.  If the gentleman who conducted the study had his words twisted to fit a minority agenda then that is an egregious act.

Doug

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jul-15-11 7:38PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Aparently we (Lakes & Ponds Committe) have a hiden agenda!

John Odenkirk has butted their accusations in a reply and it has been sent to the BOD.  Odenkirk's email will not be posted here.

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#3 Jul-15-11 8:33PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Why do these other people care?!?!? Have you guys been charging the HOA for each stunted fish you have been taking out?

#4 Jul-16-11 8:50AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Dominion Dan wrote:

Why do these other people care?!?!? Have you guys been charging the HOA for each stunted fish you have been taking out?

We saved them several thousand dollars that would have been spent on a "contractor" to do the same work.  I have 2 quotes ranging from $4,500-$5,500 to do what we did at no charge.......and with a world-renowned fish biologist (John Odenkirk) to boot!

#5 Jul-16-11 11:34AM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

That's what I figured...so if it's not costing the non-fisherman anything and it makes no difference in their use of the facilities (clearly the size/population of the fish is not something that will make a difference to them) then why do they care?

Last edited by Dominion Dan (Jul-16-11 11:35AM)

#6 Jul-16-11 11:48AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Dominion Dan wrote:

...........then why do they care?

It's one person on the staff misrepresenting the plan.  Apparently he is the one with a hidden agenda.

Here's a couple of Odenkirk quotes sent to the Board of Directors after the bogus accusations.......

"I told (name removed) your plan was a good one and that you were an advocate for sound management of the lakes."

"I suggested he support your plan and allow you to "manage" the situation.  Your view of this issue is correct."

As for the staff member misrepresenting the plan.....liar, liar, pants on fire......and nanna, nanna, boo, boo, stick your head in doo doo. lol

I think that says it all! smile

Last edited by Curly (Jul-16-11 3:00PM)

#7 Jul-16-11 3:30PM

Ernie
Administrator

This is simply amazing. Something that is simple and professional and they turn it into a soap opera....

I do like this part!

Curly wrote:

nanna, nanna, boo, boo, stick your head in doo doo

#8 Jul-16-11 5:04PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Pacemaker wrote:

This is simply amazing. Something that is simple and professional and they turn it into a soap opera....

I do like this part!

Curly wrote:

nanna, nanna, boo, boo, stick your head in doo doo

I can't take credit for originality on that........got it from Tosh .O on Comedy Central lol

#9 Jul-17-11 9:00AM

Ernie
Administrator

Jeff,

Good info....

The limits of crappie and BG are generous so removal of quantities would not be an issue. But it will take time.

Fat bass are good......

Board footer