Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-07-11 10:45AM

Ernie
Administrator

7-7-11, Cedar

Took some time at lunch to throw a fly (4wt rod) at some blue gills....probably caught 25 in less than 30 minutes.

At 1st I was catching yellow bellies (smaller fish) on top (dry fly with some floatant on it) but after some enticing (striping once to get the fly under the water and if that didn't work, striping some more to get a chase), the orange belly (larger) BGs started hammering the fly. Oh...the fly. A while back, Bob Morgan (Osprey) gave me a box of flies that his dad tied many a year ago. I have used them here and there but the one I picked for today (elk hair caddis) mimicked a bug that flies close to the water....kinda brown/orange. You see them all the time and you see (hear) the BGs going after them when they get close to the water.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/IMAG0137.jpg

Back to work now.....

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jul-07-11 1:45PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: 7-7-11, Cedar

Hallelujah... I guarantee that's more than dad ever caught on any of them. We were always better at catching each others hats (and once an ear)

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#3 Jul-07-11 3:41PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 7-7-11, Cedar

Glad to put them to good use...the BGs just about destroyed it but I will catch a few more on it before retiring it.

E

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer