Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-29-11 4:51AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Fish Management Plan Approved by the Board of Directors

Based on the April 2011 eletroshocking study conducted by John Odenkirk, I presented a comprehensive and scientific 4-year strategy to improve the fishery and keep the fish populations in balance.  The 10-page plan was accepted and approved......without changes.

The highlights:

• Retain the policy of “keep any fish under 14 inches” on Lakes Ashburn, Heron, Pavilion, and Tippecanoe.

• Change the policy to strictly “catch and release all fish” for Lakes Alder, Beech and Cedar - until the fish population balances out again.  Cedar Lake is a minor exception; remove small bass “by permit,” thus reducing the overabundance of small bass.

• Stockings of baitfish will resume.  Baitfish stocking budget for 2011 was increased substantially.

• A “Christmas Tree” program will be instituted to provide structure for the fish.

I will be on top of this and ensure that the plan is followed. smile

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#2 Jun-29-11 5:24AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Fish Management Plan Approved by the Board of Directors

Curly had to improvise the presentation as the overhead projector broke down just prior to the time. It was a long meeting but the discussion was very thorough. I commend the board for their discussions. It took several votes to get this done but every motion was supportive of the effort.

Follow up will be the key as they will review this periodically.

This is a key example of volunteers getting the work done, now and going forward.

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer