Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-22-11 5:41PM

Bass&Reds26

Pond off Rt. 7 and Claiborne

I went out today for about 2 hours after school. Started off throwin a blue back lipless crankbait and was able to pull out 3 decent bass (14-16 inches). These 3 fish were all stacked on a point and it seemed like every strike was within 10 feet of the shore.  I then switched over to a spinner bait (white with copper blade) and wacky worm (green 4'' senko with black flake) and was able to pick off 3 more (two on a spinnerbait and one on wacky).

I was working a spinnerbait parallel to shore and got bit short (didn't have a trailer hook) so i burned it back in and flipped the wacky rig to the strike zone and nailed the fish I lost originally smile. I got a kick out of it...

All in all pretty good evening, and sorry didn't bring my camera.

Oh and today was the first day I noticed the frogs croakin as it got dark.  Can't wait till things really start to heat up.

#2 Mar-22-11 5:53PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Pond off Rt. 7 and Claiborne

Nice report...thanks!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Mar-24-11 1:54PM

Sixspeedsam
Website

I'm guessing this is the same little pond near my church smile

I finally had a chance to fish there this past Sunday. Pulled out about 10 bass, with the largest one being maybe 2lb? 2 1/2? Who knows - I didn't have my scale.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5014/5556331273_c074d753c1.jpg

Fell for a spinnerbait near the rocks.

#4 Mar-24-11 6:37PM

Bass&Reds26

Spot on! That's actually the exact spot i was hookin my fish and to the right behiend you is that rock drainage system.

#5 Mar-24-11 9:27PM

stcroixgreg16

I was there on tuesday, i caught a 4 and a half pounder on a shallow slope on the other end, its about 1 to 2 and a half feet deep with rock, its like a small channel, burnt a sexy shad over it, he nailed it

#6 Mar-25-11 9:25AM

RapalaAndy
Northern Snakehead

Decent pond...but I call it "the Tick pond" make sure you check you didnt bring any unwanted guest home with you.

#7 Mar-25-11 12:32PM

Sixspeedsam
Website

Andy is right - I saw deer tracks all over the place, I imagine it's a local water hole for all the animals. I was cautious and checked myself when I left. Looks like a perfect place to pick up plenty of ticks!

Board footer