Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-10-10 4:39PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

HRBT 11/9/10

So I went out to the HRBT last night.  Started off interesting as when we were paddling out around 7 15 I get a text from my friend that sais "where are you?" and im confused and answer "what?", he replies "Why arent you in class?" , OH CRAP!   I had completly forgot about this class as we had been planning the trip since lunchtime.  So the trip carries on.  We made it to the first light line.  The fish were stacked!  We each caught three before...... a freakin boat motors right over the fish!  They go down and we never see them again.  So we paddle past all the light lines from Norfolk to the tunnell and there are boats everywhere motoring around scaring the fish under and we didnt see another fish for the next 1hr and 45min.   The boats were annoying!  We think there were a lot out there because the winds were only a max of 8 knots aka it was real calm.

NEW RULE:  Dont go on HRBT unless the winds are constantly blowing over 12 knots with gust higher than that! 

We didnt go out tonight as the winds were not strong enough to keep boats off the water.  I plan on going Thursday night though and catching a bunch of fish!

#2 Nov-10-10 6:35PM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

Re: HRBT 11/9/10

That many boats?  Thanks for the info.  I am planning to fish HRBT on 19th (Friday) with local Kayakers if my wife let me leave home on Friday.
Can you tell me two best lures? It will be my first time kayak-fishing HRBT at night.

Thanks,
Joe

#3 Nov-10-10 6:48PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Yeah usually there is just a boat or two and some yaks.  All you need is a couple packs of berkley 3" swim shads in bunker color.  The bass pro in hampton on the way to HRBT(HRBT is 10 min away from it).  You can catch them on it all day!  Just make sure you run it only 6" under the water.

Since it is your first time I will tell you what I see all then time.  People paddling over the fish and into the the light...dont do that.  Just sit in the shadows and cast out past the fish and reel back to them or sit in the shadows and cast parallel to the light line!  You can see the fish stacked up!

Good luck!

#4 Nov-11-10 12:21PM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

It always amazes me when people have zero fishing etiquette.  I understand that every once in a while you get a newbie out there who may not really know how to fish or hunt and goes stubeln and bumblin around, boats over fishing areas etc.  But it sounds like these guys are locals and really should know better. I have always loved the ones that decided they are going to jump 30 yards in front of you while you are drifting a weed bed... Those jerks take the cake..

#5 Nov-12-10 5:15PM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

RedSkin,
Thanks for the tip I will bring a pack of Berkly.

joe

Board footer