Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-08-10 7:43PM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

St Jerome's Creek Inlet, Chesapeake Bay, the sure place - Nov 6, 2010.

I changed the fishing location due to the small craft warning. Instead of heading for CBBT for Tautog, I went to St. Jerome's Creek Inlet.  The wind was much weaker than the forecast.

I jigged for an hour in the creek and the inlet  during the incoming tide without a bite.
I decided to fish the bay side of inlet.  The sweet spot was a small area in the middle of the inlet and the red roof house, in 6-9' of water. I chose 5” BA with fat tail instead of one with rat tail. I wanted cover more water by drifting fast by wind or slow-trolling (1.5mph). I twitched rods constantly while moving.  I thought I had a very good chance to catch a good sized fish. But I caught ten 16-19” striper.

I recorded details on my video fishing log:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=com … s7hVhpTZq4

Thanks,
Joe

#2 Nov-08-10 8:22PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: St Jerome's Creek Inlet, Chesapeake Bay, the sure place - Nov 6, 2010.

Nice Report!

My buds killed the speckeled trout at Rudee last weekend.  I think we are gonna yak Rudee this weekend for Speckeled Trout one day and then go for Tautog at CBBT the other day!   Not looking forward to the 3.5 mile paddle though!

#3 Nov-09-10 3:41AM

Ernie
Administrator

redskinsfan360 wrote:

I think we are gonna yak Rudee this weekend for Speckeled Trout one day

Let us know how it goes....I have some interest in doing this? THave you done the Hot Ditch yet?

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Nov-09-10 6:22AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Pacemaker wrote:

redskinsfan360 wrote:

Let us know how it goes....I have some interest in doing this? THave you done the Hot Ditch yet?

I have not yet.  I have heard about it though, and plan on trying it as well when I get the chance in the next couple weeks hopefully.  I should get a lot of fishing in these next few weeks, because I have no big school obligations until december!

#5 Nov-09-10 6:26AM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

redskinsfan360 wrote:

Nice Report!

My buds killed the speckeled trout at Rudee last weekend.  I think we are gonna yak Rudee this weekend for Speckeled Trout one day and then go for Tautog at CBBT the other day!   Not looking forward to the 3.5 mile paddle though!

I am heading for CBBT or Kipto on Nov 20. The backup place will be Lynn Haven or Rudee Inlet if the wind is stronger than the forecast.  I hope tog still bite.

joe

#6 Nov-09-10 6:37AM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

redskinsfan360 wrote:

Pacemaker wrote:

redskinsfan360 wrote:

I have not yet.  I have heard about it though, and plan on trying it as well when I get the chance in the next couple weeks hopefully.  I should get a lot of fishing in these next few weeks, because I have no big school obligations until december!

I went there three times in winter (Jan-Feb). The place is very safe. Here are the videos I took.  The video shows the address for the boat launch.  Most of the small boats are OK here.
I found that the rule. "10% anglers catch 90% fish" applies this place too like any other places.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=com … 0JmJ_liaB8

Joe

Board footer