Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-20-10 10:19AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Lee Hall Reservoir 9/18

Went to Lee Hall reservoir and was throwing topwater frogs, buzzbaits, senkos, and jigs.  I ended up catching only one fish the whole 3 hrs I was there on a Lipless Crankbait.  The fish was 2lbs and 1 ounce.

#2 Sep-20-10 10:25AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Lee Hall Reservoir 9/18

Nice.....kayak?

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Sep-20-10 12:28PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Yeah!  I have been taking it out trying to find spots that have big fish for the TKAA  but have yet to find one.  I think my plan for the tourney is going to go to the Chickahamoniny Lake and if I can't get one there I will use my last hour or 2 to go to a pond that I know has decent size fish!

#4 Sep-20-10 2:47PM

Ernie
Administrator

There are fish on the Cypress trees just to the right of the ramp at Chick Lake. Work those trees and the grass. You don't have to paddle far.

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Sep-20-10 3:58PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

I had dinner at one of the head TKAA guys houses with like 10 people Chad Hoover was sitting next to me and he told me to fish teh tops of the grass at the Chick.

#6 Sep-23-10 2:10PM

Charlie NHBA
Northern Snakehead
Website

From the ramp, head uplake to the first creek.  Go into the creek and bear left.  Follow the creek and fish Senkos in the middle of the creek.  Both sides are very shallow with grass almost to the surface. The middle is about 4-5 feet deep with grass on the bottom.  The better fish are in the grass in the middle of the creek.
Come back to the split and head back into the right side (Johnson Creek). Throw a black Jitterbug over the grass in the middle of the creek. You will catch bass, pickerel and bowfin. You never know which fish you will catch as they all live in the same areas.
When the creek bends to the right, the outside bend on the left holds some trophy bowfin and the little coves have plenty of good sized bass under the duckweed.  Topwater frogs are murder here.
Don't neglect weedless swimbaits.

Charlie NHBA.........

#7 Sep-23-10 2:48PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Awesome!  Thanks for the info!

Board footer