Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-15-10 7:51PM

Bass&Reds26

Beaverdam Friday

Hey all, greg ravitsky and I are planning on heading over to beaverdam on friday after final exams around 2:00 to get a good fishing trip in (anyone else is certainly welcome to join in.) We're planning on deep cranking any descent off shore structure including some of the many rockpiles scattered amongst the reservoir.  We are also planning on hitting up the sunken tressel bridge. 

I'm going to go ahead and use a carolina rig, deep crankin set up, drop shot, and a swimbait.  I was thinking that we should crank any depth of water up to 20 feet and carlolina rig and drop shot anything above 20 feet. I was just curious as if anyone had some suggestions on if that's a good game plan or not.

If so, just holler. big_smile

Thanks,
Pete

#2 Jun-15-10 8:04PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Beaverdam Friday

my concern w/ the carolina and dropshot approach is getting hung up. the are so many crevices in those boulder fields....

i find a senko comes through it better than anything, and produces strikes on tough days.
i am also a jig/pig guy, but would expect to lose a 1/2 dozen rigs there on an outing

i havnt cranked in there, but i would expect bouncing them off the rocks would pay good dividends

how many can you afford to hang?

i would love to hit that place w/ a good depthfinder and a boat w/ a decent casting platform.
If i could do that, I wouldnt bother to fish anywhere else.

I think that water has huge potential for a determined angler

#3 Jun-15-10 8:06PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Jeffie, you have more patience than I if you fish a senko in 20ft of water smile

#4 Jun-15-10 8:10PM

Bass&Reds26

oh alright that definately sounds reasonable. yeah i can't really afford to loose much gear (or any for that matter). And i'm all set for the GPS and casting area. 12 foot john boat does the trick. thanks for the feedback.

#5 Jun-15-10 8:12PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Get some 17-20lb fluorocarbon and a heavy powered rod for that C-rig. That'll keep you from losing a lot.

Board footer