Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-05-10 5:10PM

Ernie
Administrator

Cedar, 3/5

I worked from home today and the plan was to get out a few times and throw different things to see if I could catch my 1st cedar bass of the year.
Plans change.  I took my 1st call at 0715 and finished up the day at 1745....at least I didn't have to commute today.

But...I did get a cancellation at 3 so I went out and nearly froze to death. The wind was up and I just never got comfortable. I threw a Sebille Fat Shad and strained some water with it on my fiberglass cranking rod. Felt good. As well, I had a fat wacky but that was no fun in the wind. I only lasted about 20 minutes.

Did see a couple of other fellas out there. One was tall and fished very methodically. The other guy was shorter and walked real fast and covered a lot of water. Interestingly, their trucks are about the same color.

I am tired of the cold....I don't want to fish in the cold any more.  Someone...please make it go away.

I will miss the 1st traditional Potomac trip at the end of March. I don't care if it's 75.....I will be in FL.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Mar-05-10 5:42PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Cedar, 3/5

I was out there for 45 min before I had to lift but didtn catch anything.  I should be able to get my first bass of year next weekend at Mountain Island Lake in NC where it will be in the 60's!

#3 Mar-06-10 2:53AM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Cedar, 3/5

i caught my first cedar crappie ever on friday

then i had one follow all the way to my feet but turn away

i caught a short bass on ernie's corner

had another follow all the way in and take a vicious swing at my grub. he was on for a second, then off

in the back cove i hit a shorty on the drop

over at beech i caught a bass you could lay comfortably in a sardine can. cute little fella

no occoquan for me this sat a.m.

i am going over to work here shortly

Board footer